Mot ulovlig fengsling av aktivist Khurram av den Indiske staten

Dalit Camera

#1 Oppdatering fra Khurram - 06.10.2016

2016-10-06 08:31

JKCCS legal team met with Khurram Parvez today at the Kot Bhalwal Jail, Jammu.

Khurram Parvez asked us to share the following message:

“I have been informed of the solidarity expressed by friends in Kashmir and outside – from Indian civil society and from different countries and international organizations including member organizations of the Asian Federation against Involuntary Disappearances. I thank all of you.

I am doing well despite my disability. Over the last few days I have been meeting close to 200 detainees from different parts of Kashmir who have been tortured and mistreated by the police after their arrest and listened to the difficulties they have faced during detention. This has strengthened my resolve to face the difficult times ahead as an opportunity for building my understanding of the gross and inhuman violation that is arbitrary detention that I believe I and my organization have been unable to adequately cover through our work.

My struggle for justice forms only a part of the larger struggle of my co-detenues, and all those wrongly detained. Your solidarity is therefore to the larger struggle for justice and is greatly appreciated.”

JKCCS Press Release